- Contact: Collette & Michael Anderson, Co-Directors
- Honolulu, HI
- Honolulu, HI
- Phone: 808-341-6828
- Service Times: As Needed
Grace Encountered's mission is to support the family and friends of those with loved ones that have same-gender desires and gender identity find freedom and hope in Christ.
As Christians, we know that living a life contrast to God's design will only do harm, which makes this all the more painful. The tension of loving your friend or family member while also holding to your personal convictions of faith produce both frustration and uncertainty.
This group will help you to understand your loved one and how you can navigate your relationship with him/her.
Goals of the Group
- Create a support group for friends and family to come together and fellowship
- Provide biblical guidance
- Network with other similar Christian-based organizations (Explicit Movement, The Gathering 808, Pure Desires, Portland Fellowship)
- Share resources such as list of approved reading and Christian counselors
- Equip friends and family to disciple their loved one into a deeper walk with Christ and allow God our Father to do transforming work.
Grace Encountered meets the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month. Please call the church office for more information.
"And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will." 2 Timothy 2:24-26 (NKJV)